Five Ideas for Decorating Kids’ Ceiling Fan BladesWednesday 10th September 2014 11:32am
We know ceiling fans look great in your kids’ rooms. Kids love ceiling fans for the same reasons adults do; they keep them cooler in the hot summer and warmer in the cold winter. Best of all, kids can decorate them according to their own taste with a little help from mum or dad.
Children spend a lot of time in their rooms, especially during the school year. Why not give them a chance to run wild with the decor, including decorating their ceiling fans? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Decoupage the fan blades. You say you don’t know how to decoupage? It’s simple. You glue scrapbook paper or fabric on to the fan blades using Mod Podge or another strong glue. Choose any design your kids like: stripes, paisley, or polka dots. Or, just pick their favourite colour. You can even finish it with a varnish or lacquer.
- Apply decals with words or pictures. Most people use decals on walls or windows. Why not use them on your ceiling fan, too? You can even change them to reflect the season or holiday. Does your child have a favourite team? Why not put the logo on their ceiling fan?
- Attach glow-in-the-dark stars or stickers. This will turn your fan into a fun light fixture even when the ceiling fan’s lights are off. As with anything you might attach to your fan, make sure the stickers are securely fastened so they don’t fly off when the fan is rotating.
- Paint the fan’s blades with pictures, patterns or vibrant colours. Painting your ceiling fan is a great way to add colour to any room, especially if the ceiling fan doesn’t fit into your current decorating scheme. You’ll give the room a totally new look with just one coat of paint.
- Do you have a kid who’s interested in helicopters or airplanes? Turn your ceiling fan into a propeller with a helicopter ceiling fan wall decal. Attach the decal to the ceiling around your ceiling fan, creating a cool and imaginative decoration for your kid’s room. Are you an artist? You could also draw a helicopter on the ceiling. Your kids and their friends will love it.
Ceiling fans in Australia are an absolute must, especially for kids. Children need to be well-rested to play, grow and learn. Give them a chance to show their creative side with unique ceiling fans.
Need a fan for your child’s bedroom? Ceiling Fans Direct has a huge selection, including ceiling fans with lights. Take a look at our website to find the perfect fan for your kid’s room, then personalise it so that it fits with their taste and decor.